Our award winning service will help and advise you with regard to finding a property. We fully appreciate at Streets Ahead that many of our tenants are new to the area and in this respect, we are more than happy to supply information enabling you to narrow down your area search. In all the areas that we operate in we have researched transport and leisure facilities, shopping amenities and local schools.
We are only too happy to help with your budget and advise you on what the likely monthly outgoings may be. We want you to be happy in your new home and not for it to be a financial struggle and believe that sensible planning is the key to a successful tenancy.
At Streets Ahead, we believe in transparency and so from your initial interest in a property, we will set out clearly all and any fees that you will have to incur. These will include the reservation deposit which is deducted from the remainder of your move-in monies and your security deposit which is held by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme, a government approved scheme.
We appreciate that most people lead busy lives and we are happy to accommodate you before or after work, particularly with our late night viewing service and / or assisting you at the weekend, both Saturday and Sunday. We understand at Streets Ahead that choosing your new home is an extremely important decision.
Once we have helped you find your new home, we will ask you to put down a reservation deposit to state your intention.
This is a fee of £350 and will be deducted from the remainder of the money you pay on the day you move in to your new home.
On behalf of your landlord, we will ask for references for each person that will be on the tenancy agreement of your new home. Our typical reference will ask for the following:
- A full credit check
- Current landlord reference
- Each reference costs £96.00 including VAT.
We will take proof of your current landlord’s ownership and then ask for a rented reference via email or in writing.
- Current employment reference
Our referencing agency will require references from a current employer and may ask for future employment contracts.
We will also require payslips and bank statements.
We will also ask you for your last 3 years’ address history, your passport, driving license and 3 months’ utility bills from your current address.
Prior to moving in, our Progressing and Property Management team will issue you with a statement which has to be settled prior to you moving in and includes:
- First month’s rent
- Tenancy agreement set up fee – £210.00 including VAT.
Under current regulations, we will supply you with an up to date gas safety certificate.
The keys for your new home will be available for collection on your big day and dependent on the level of service that your landlord has opted for, either your landlord or inventory clerk will meet you at the property. We will confirm this in advance.
The service your landlord has opted for will determine the amount of contact you have with our Property Management department from then on.
- if your landlord has opted for a ‘let only’ service with Streets Ahead then it is your landlord who has opted to collect the rent and manage the property from the day that you move in
- if your landlord has opted for a ‘rent collection service’ then it is Streets Ahead who will be collecting the rent on behalf of your landlord. One of our Property Managers will be in contact to introduce themselves and will be your main point of contact during your tenancy. Any maintenance issues during your tenancy will be down to your landlord to attend to, however please feel free to discuss those with your Property Manager.
- if your landlord has opted for our ‘fully managed’ service then Streets Ahead will be your point of contact for all issues, 24 hours a day. A Property Manager will call and introduce themselves and during the term of the tenancy whether it be any maintenance or property issues, we will deal with them on behalf of the landlord.
Streets Ahead asks all tenants to provide 2 months written notice (or by email) in advance should you wish to leave the property. If your landlord manages the property, you are obliged to write to them directly. If Streets Ahead manages the property, you need to write to Streets Ahead and please feel free to talk to your Property Manager regarding any notice questions that you may have.
When your tenancy is coming to an end, we would always advise the following:
- Return your keys on the due date
- Advise utility companies and council tax that you have moved out
- Redirect your mail to your new address
- Remove all your personal belongings, including from the loft and garden shed
- Clear away any rubbish
- If Streets Ahead are holding your deposit, we will return your deposit after agreeing any issues/dilapidation with ourselves or the landlord based on the ingoing inventory and the outgoing check of the condition of the property. Your deposit will be returned by cheque.
- Clean the property to include carpets, windows inside and out, walls and if necessary, employ the services of professional cleaners
If you are thinking about staying on and extending your tenancy and Streets Ahead manages the property and the landlord has also expressed their intention to extend, we would be happy to assist you by drawing up a new contract.