Sandown Road, London
Room to rent in a quiet area on Sandown Road, SOUTH NORWOOD.
The house is a mid-terraced property which is split over 3 floors. The communal dining-room is furnished with a large eating table, which leads into the kitchen, followed by a 40ft decked garden suitable for barbecues, outdoor meals, etc.
There are 5 rooms in total ranging in price from £500pcm to £750pcm, including all bills and super-fast unlimited Wi-Fi connection.
The house has a main bathroom on the 1st floor, with a bath, a separate walk-in shower cubicle, sinkstorage units & WC. On the 2nd floor, there is a shower-room, with a large shower cubicle, Sinkstorage units & WC.
The property has been newly converted and done to a high specification throughout.
All rooms are newly decorated and fully furnished to a high standard.
Sandown Road is ideal for commuters. A ONE-WAY Road, with no parking restrictions.
The nearest station is NORWOOD JUNCTION BR/OVERGROUND STATION, which has frequent services to London.
London Bridge is a 15 minute train ride and East Croydon station is 5 minutes. There are also good connections to Victoria and the London Overground ticks most stations in South East London.
Other transport facilities include bus routes and 10 mins walk to the tram stop at Harrington Road.
SUPERMARKETS AND PUBS:
There is an Aldi just by Norwood Junction and a Sainsbury and Tesco on Portland Road. There are a number of nice pubs and coffee shops on Norwood High Street and Portland Road. The Gold Coast BarRestaurant & the Portland Arms Pub is highly recommended.
PARKS AND OUTDOORS:
South Norwood Country Park is only a 5 minute walk from the house. Leisure facilities can be found at the Country Park and South Norwood Leisure CentreSwimming Pool which is situated in Portland Road. (5 mins walk)
No pets allowed, smoking is permitted outside in the garden, there is a monthly professional cleaner for communal areas.
This House meets all HMO Standards.
As of the 1st June 2019 the tenant fee ban came in effect, meaning we will not charge tenants any administration fees.
The only monies due would be the first months rent in advance and a 5 week security deposit.
– Equivalent to one week’s rent per tenancy (annual rent amount divided by 52)
– The property will be reserved on payment of the Holding Deposit
– The Deadline for Agreement is 15 calendar days after the Holding Deposit is paid unless an “extension” date is agreed in writing by the tenant
The Holding Deposit will be refunded to the tenant within 7 days:-
(i) from when the parties enter into the tenancy agreement unless the tenant has agreed in writing for the Holding Deposit to be put towards the balance of monies payable
(ii) if the landlord withdraws
(iii) if an agreement is not reached before the Deadline for Agreement or the agreed extended date and the tenant is not at fault, or
(iv) if the landlord or the agent breaches the fee ban or acts in a way that it would be unreasonable to expect the tenant to enter into a tenancy agreement (i.e. unfair terms, harassment etc)
The Agent can retain the Holding Deposit only if:
(i) the tenant withdraws their application
(ii) the tenant doesn’t take reasonable steps to enter into the tenancy
(iii) the tenant fails a Right to Rent check
(iv) the tenant provides false or misleading information which materially affects their suitability to rent the property
– The amount which will be contractually payable to rent the property at regular specified intervals.
– Equivalent to five weeks’ rent per tenancy if rent is less than £50,000 per year
– Equivalent to six weeks’ rent per tenancy if rent is more than £50,000 per year
– The Security Deposit can be used to cover damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy
– Interest is payable by the tenant on late rent at the rate of 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate in relation to each day after the due date for which the rent is unpaid but not to be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears
UTILITIES & COUNCIL TAX
– Gas, electricity, fuel, water or sewage, communication services, television licence, Green Deal charge (if any) and council tax
LOST KEY / ACCESS OR SECURITY DEVICE
– The cost of replacement including the cost of replacement of the locks (if applicable)
– If the tenant wishes to leave the contract early and there is no break clause, the tenant shall pay the rent until the start date of any replacement tenancy together with the landlord’s re-letting costs (in accordance with Streets Ahead’s published landlord letting fees); such costs to be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy
Business Names & Scheme Membership Details
Legal Name of Business:
Streets Ahead Residential Lettings Limited
219-221 Lower Addiscombe Road
Registered Office Address:
82 St. John Street
Company Registration Number:
Place of Registration:
England & Wales
We are Members of the following Client Money Protection Scheme Ref: C0002420
Propertymark (Formally NFoPP)
6 Tournament Court
We are Members of the following Redress Scheme Membership Number: N02275-0
The Property Ombudsman
43-45 Milford Street
We are Members of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme Membership Number: G04934
The Dispute Service Limited
PO Box 1255
Client Money Protection Certificate
Priory Special School
Heavers Farm Primary School
South Norwood Primary School
Cypress Junior School and Cypress Infant School
St. Chad’s Roman Catholic Primary School
St. Mark’s Primary School
Ryelands Primary School.
Harris academy south norwood
Norwood Junction – zone 4
Local Busses – 75, 130, 157 , 196, 197, 312, 310
Arena and Harrington road tram stop
Portland Medical Centre, Woodside Group Practise
Croydon University Hospital
Croydon Police Station
South Norwood Country Park
London borough of Croydon
Croydon Council Tax Bands 2020-2021
Streets Ahead Residential Lettings Ltd Trading as Streets Ahead Estate Agents is a part of the National Federation of Property Professionals Client Money Protection Scheme.